The New Antique Store
Antique Brass Compass Nautical Pocket Backpacking Compass Leather Case Vintage Camping Hiking Direction Marine Graduation Confirmation Day Engravable for Men Quality Travel
Regular price £36.00
Antique Brass Compass Nautical Pocket Backpacking Compass Leather Case Vintage Camping Hiking Direction Marine Graduation Confirmation Day Engravable for Men Quality Travel - 11491
Among the Four Great Inventions, the magnetic compass was first invented as a device for divination as early as the Chinese Han Dynasty and later adopted for navigation by the Song Dynasty Chinese during the 11th century. The first usage of a compass recorded in Western Europe and the Islamic world occurred around 12th Century The compass has Scout Oath inscribed under the lid. Planning to go on a trip? Consider bringing a compass with you. Even though nowadays, many people use their smartphones or other GPS devices for navigation, there is nothing more reliable than an old school compass. Whatever is your way of travelling, a compass will help to accurately determine the direction you are heading.
- Brass compass with antique finish, detailed copper rose dial, real cow hide case and chain.
- Compass is 2.5 x 2.0 x 0.75 inches in size. Case is stamped with compass rose.
- The compass can be engraved at a local engraver shop on top side, back of top side and the bottom. You would receive the compass not engraved.
- Compass is working and makes a great gift for boy scouts, husband, boyfriend, father, son, brother, groomsmen Engravable Compass, Pocket Compass, Brass Compass with Leather Case, Boy Scouts Compass, Eagle Scout Compass, Pirates of the Carribean Compass, Gift Compass, Fathers Day Gifts, Camping
- Custom design/finish compass made by The New Antique Store