Brass Compass with Leather Case J.R.R. Tolkien Directional Magnetic LOTR Compass for Graduation Day Navigation/Pocket Compass for Camping, Touring/Gift for Him, Hiking
Among the Four Great Inventions, the magnetic compass was first invented as a device for divination as early as the Chinese Han Dynasty and later adopted for navigation by the Song Dynasty Chinese during the 11th century. The first usage of a compass recorded in Western Europe and the Islamic world occurred around 12th Century The compass has Scout Oath inscribed under the lid. Planning to go on a trip? Consider bringing a compass with you. Even though nowadays, many people use their smartphones or other GPS devices for navigation, there is nothing more reliable than an old school compass. Whatever is your way of travelling, a compass will help to accurately determine the direction you are heading.
- The popular quote engraved on the lid of compass.
- This solid brass antique reproduction magnetic compass is the size of a standard pocket watch.
- Size Compass: 6 x 6 x 2 centimeter.
- A truly impressive and unique gift.
- Made by Indian Nautical Instruments